Poste de Maitre de conférences en Stratégie et Organisation numériques, Télécom ParisTech, Institut interdisciplinaire de l'innovation (i3-SES) - 10 Mars 2019 - Paris
Télécom ParisTech is a leading public engineering school specialized in information and communication technologies. The School’s mission is to train engineers to have a sound grasp of all the implications of innovation: technological, economic and social. This training is based on cutting-edge research in the core disciplines of today’s engineering professions.
The assistant/associate professor will conduct his or her teaching and research activities in the SES Department of Telecom ParisTech, a member of the Interdisciplinary Institute of Innovation (i3), a joint research unit of CNRS (UMR 9217). We offer a dynamic and research-oriented environment. The SES Department of Télécom ParisTech (consisting of 30 academic-researchers, 30 associate researchers, and 40 PhD students) teaches economics, management, information and communication science, sociology, and design. Its research is particularly geared towards better understanding how digital technology and technological innovations transform organizations, competitive dynamics, uses, and business models, and how firms, in turn, devise strategies to take up these technological innovations and adapt to digital-driven changes.
This opening position is related to the development of the academic program and research activities in digital and innovation management fields. The successful candidate shows high potential in research and possesses a good track record in teaching.
The post-holder will develop his/her own research by applying it primarily to digital technology on how the digital economy transforms the organisation, redefine the innovation and creativity process, stimulates the emergence of new ecosystems, impacts social innovation and related areas. Topics of interest are (in particular, but not limited to): management of digitization of all a firm’s activities; digital transformation, digital social innovation, new strategic challenges and opportunities related to digital technology such as e-marketing; data management, artificial intelligence, online platforms, fintech, blockchain, IT, IoT, digital entrepreneurship, etc.).
The assistant/associate professor will have to develop a training program in digital business (graduate program/executive program).
We are seeking applicants with a strong background in qualitative methods (action and grounded research) applied to digital strategy and organization. An experience in a company would be very appreciated.
The post-holder will also be expected to answer national and international calls for tenders and projects (e.g. ANR, H2020, industrial contract) and to collaborate with the School’s partner firms and its network.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- Ph.D. in Business administration or Management
- Demonstrated potential for conducting high quality research and publishing in top management journals
- Ability to deliver excellent teaching, teach in undergraduate, graduate program and executive program both in French and in English
- Coach students in projects, internships and "work and training" missions
- Engage in school community
- Ability to work with firms and practitioners
- Based in Paris (France), on the Palaiseau Campus, just 20 km south of Paris
- Full-time position (5 days/week)
- Fluency in French and English is required
- Assistant/associate professor level (maître de conferences)
- The post-holder will be able to start in september 2019
- The salary is competitive, to be defined according to profile and experience
- The deadline for applications is March 10, 2019
- Interviews: April - May 2019
- Cover letter containing your motivation for the position
- A teaching statement and recent teaching evaluations
- A research statement, list of academic publications, a list of papers under review or in progress, a copy of two significant publications or working papers
- Reference letters from two referees (to be included in the application file, do not send them separately)
To facilitate the processing of your application, would you please:
- Merge all the application material into one PDF document
- Name your file as follows: "SURNAME_Name " (ex: DURANT_Pierre)
- Indicate in the subject line of your email “Recruitment Digital Strategy and Organization ”.
- Send your application to email@example.com and David Massé (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|>> Programme (pdf)|