teaching associate professor in organizational behavior - 05 Mars 2021
emlyon business school is looking for outstanding candidates with proven expertise in teaching within the Organizational Behavior and team management fields. Classes to teach may include: organizational behavior, team dynamics, leadership, change management, decision-making, organizational theory, etc.
Applications are invited at Associate Professor level (or higher) - primary focus on teaching - beginning full time in September 2021 in Lyon / Ecully campus, with possible travels to the other French campuses (Paris, St. Etienne).
To ensure full consideration, candidates should make certain that their application is submitted by March 5th, 2021. However, note that the position will remain open until filled.
We are looking for candidates with the following credentials in line with their level of application:
- Phd / doctorate degree in organizational behavior or related area
- evidence of excellent teaching achievements in French and English at different levels (undergraduate, masters, and executive)
- proven teaching experience in organizational behavior and team dynamics
- capacity to take on courses and program management responsibilities, including the ability to manage (identify, select, retain) a portfolio of external contributors
- ability to merge theoretical knowledge with practical relevance and to build and maintain sustainable relationships with practitioners (cooperate with companies and develop pedagogical projects)
- ability to publish intellectual contributions targeting practitioners and students (cases, articles, books, blogs etc.)
- desire to actively engage in all areas of our school's faculty life
- willingness to travel among our other French campuses (Paris, St. Etienne)
Fluency in both French and English is required. The ability to publish in refereed academic journals will be a plus in the selection of the candidates.
The selected candidate will be expected to: teach at different levels (undergraduate, masters, and executive); take teaching and program leadership responsibilities; support the School's pedagogical innovation; mentor students; publish intellectual contributions and contribute to the institutional life of the school (e.g. being member of internal committees, etc.).
The selected candidate will be regularly evaluated based on three areas of activities: (1) teaching and student supervision, (2) intellectual contributions, and (3) institutional service (e.g. administration, service in committees, representation of the school in the media and events).
We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds (gender, ethnic background, nationality) to apply.
The selected candidate is expected to be based in Lyon or nearby area. Emlyon has set-up a relocation policy to support the moving process.
THE APPLICATION SHOULD CONSIST OF
- A cover letter including motivation to join emlyon business school
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A teaching statement (with teaching evaluations)
- Contact details of at least two referees (reference letters do not need to be provided before candidates are short-listed)
Possible questions about the position can be addressed to Professor Mohamed Ikram NASR: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position has been filled.
All application materials should be submitted in English, via this website page. The application materials will not be returned
Elisabeth GELAS - email@example.com